It’s time to get struck by Lightning. Are you ready?
While the chances of getting struck by lightning are one in a million, you are now among the many others facing the reality that it’s only a matter of time before you do. Being struck by lightning is now imminent with Salesforce but we promise it won’t hurt…too much.
If you are still hanging around in Classic, let’s take a look at why it’s time to make the move. We are here to provide you a little more insight and ease your mind.
Why it’s time?
- Classic is slowly being left in the dust. Enhancements are now being done almost solely in Lightning.
- The financial impact and resources required to make the switch increase the longer you wait.
- It looks so much better! Classic is so 90’s.
What you’ll love about Lightning!
In the 2017 releases, Salesforce really upped the ante with Lightning.
- Lightning Lead Conversion: Formerly a clunky Classic process, you can now convert leads with ease. The duplication alert is a major highlight as now you can identify when there is duplication and not only merge records but keep data clean. Nobody likes dirty data.
- Lightning Opportunities: Have you seen the Kanban view? It’s awesome. This gives you a great look at where your deals are in the funnel and the drag and drop feature makes it easy to update on the fly. Visualize your work by stage and stay on track with personalized alerts.
- Lightning List Views: Line up your data in seconds and use the intuitive filters panel to see exactly what matters to you. Now with inline editing, making updates is a breeze.
- Lightning Reports & Dashboards: Get visually impressive dashboards that can be easily modified with the filters you want and need. This also applies to the report creation process which has been simplified and can be filtered while viewing and includes enhanced charts.
- Lightning Home Page: Start and end your day with a visual representation of everything that’s important to you at a glance. You will love this new intelligent page that includes a performance chart, top deals, today’s news/tasks, and much more. It’s like your own virtual assistant to keep you on track.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Understand what parts of your instance will be impacted by Lightning.
- Training and educating your users is key to a successful conversion.
- Lightning is not just a switch you turn on. An overall evaluation is crucial.
We encourage you to educate yourself before making any decisions and we are here to help. Partner with the pros to ensure the process is painless.
Check out our Lightning Readiness page for more information and resources. We look forward to working with you when you’re ready to be struck!