The occurrence of major crises can have a devastating impact on a business, community, and government: potential casualties, detrimental damage to global reputation, loss of equipment and assets, and the risk of a major shutdown or evacuation leave them vulnerable to irreparable loss. A robust, proven system helps to respond efficiently and effectively, reducing overall damage.
What’s holding you back?
- Lack of understanding across departments on crisis-based roles and responsibilities.
- Inability to schedule necessary dedicated daily risk identification and mitigation.
- Operational inefficiencies causing vulnerabilities to leakage across resource categories.
- Limited internal organizational capability.
- Leadership and specialist employee turnover without proper knowledge transfer procedures.
- Absence of technology to properly capture accurate and consistent data related to potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Paper-based plans for emergency procedures that are not readily available in times of dire need.
- Outdated approaches and procedures.
- Lack of plans and internal knowledge resulting in teams ill-equipped to cope with emergency incidents from end-to-end.
What it isReduce vulnerability to hazards, increase confidence and insight in crisis response procedures, enhance preparedness, and promote inter-agency cooperation with Third Wave’s cloud-based Emergency Management Solution.
All the information at your fingertips
- Track resources, safety metrics, and reports in real-time from anywhere on any device.
- Build knowledge and confidence in all potential situations for all team members, preparing them to cope with any crisis, regardless of size or complexity.
- Turn crisis preparedness into a familiar management exercise.
- Stay prepared with detailed what-if scenario incident analysis.
- Mobilize and integrate vital resources rapidly and efficiently with real-time alerts and notifications.
- Ensure first-responders have every advantage during the critical first 48 hours using pre-loaded scenarios, resources, vendors, and equipment.
- Promote heightened team communications and link Strike Teams, Task Forces, Branches, Single Resources, and Vendors in the field with the Crisis Management Team.
- Conform 100% to Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS).