Commercial Product Marketing
Commercial, wholesale, and specialty petroleum product sales is a competitive business. Market-driven pricing, commodity products, seasonal demand, supply availability, inventory costs, delivery logistics, and other costing factors can reduce per-unit margins to fractional cents. To lead the competition, operations must not only sell large volumes of product but increase year-over-year volumes by any means necessary. Streamlining the overall commercial sales process and support systems is critical in accelerating sales performance.
Siloed DataYour customer data is located on shared drives in various document formats. Your customer’s contracts, financial performance, and credit information is difficult to find and query. It’s hard for you to find and report on your customer’s business data.
Pipeline VisibilityYour sales representatives are not effectively working their pipelines. You don’t have insight into their tactical activities to ensure they are on plan. You lack the ability to gauge your team’s effectiveness and improve the accuracy of your forecast.
Budget GapsYour forecasted account budgets have a wide range of accuracy. By the time you recognize an account budget gap, it’s too late to make up the difference or adjust expectations. Your team lacks timely access to the ‘actual’ sales numbers that highlight budget variances.
Staff TurnoverIt takes too much time for a new employee to become effective. When your team operates with a high degree of ‘unwritten’ knowledge, new employees go through a lengthy ramp up period and a ‘trial by fire’ process where their success is defined by heroic effort and customer patience.
Going in BlindYou go into meetings blind and you’re the last to know about critical issues. It’s hard to track previous conversation threads, review follow-up action items, or remember contact names. You routinely visit a large number of accounts and often lack access to prior correspondence, issue statuses, action items, fuel volumes, and contact information.
Lost OpportunitiesYou don’t have enough time to win new business. It takes too much time to develop and execute annual account plans, leaving little time for acquiring new business.
Delayed OnboardingIt takes too long to onboard new customers and orchestrate credit, tax, pricing, dispatch, and account management activities. Inefficient, manual onboarding processes delay fuel purchases and reduce projected volumes for new accounts.
What it isThe Commercial Fuel Sales accelerator provides a central system of record for managers, sales representatives, administrators, and any others involved in refined petroleum product sales and support to commercial customers. The system provides cross-functional teams with a uniform business process using automated approvals, automated workflows, and shared views of critical business objects including leads, accounts, contacts, contracts, documents, opportunities, terminals, products, cases, budgeted sales, and actual sales.
How it’s used
As well as:
- Use shared data and automated workflows to coordinate credit, tax, and dispatch activities when onboarding new customers.
- Use contact databases, such as Data.com, to seamlessly identify and integrate new leads from target businesses.
- Assign lead ownership, enrich lead data, qualify opportunity, and convert to active pipeline.
- Use a structured set of pipeline stages to consolidate and streamline your sales process.
- Increased productivity from consolidating data in a single system of record
- Increased accuracy in management reporting from improved oversight
- Improved accuracy in pipeline and sales forecasts from visibility into budgeted account plans versus actual sales
- Increased time selling because of collaboration via shared data, automated workflows, and real-time notifications
- Improved team performance from oversight feedback and targeted coaching
- More time focused on new customer acquisition from increased time selling
- Improved meeting outcomes from seamless access to account status
- Increased customer engagement from automated workflows and notifications
- Reduced time to train new staff to high levels of effectiveness
Salesforce, Apex, Adobe Flex, Informatica Cloud